Licensed Local & Long Distance Movers San Diego • North Country • East County • South Bay
Full-Service Moves Houses • Apartments • Offices
San Diego County’s Expert Local Movers
Planning on moving your home or office? Since 2004, Coastal Moving has worked with dedication to provide the most reliable local moving services in the industry. Our staff takes into account all of your move’s unique requirements in order to determine the most optimal relocation strategy, resulting in hundreds of smooth and efficiently completed moves each year. To receive further information about our services, or to schedule a time and date for your move, please contact our staff 7 days a week at (858) 397-5586.
Why choose Coastal Moving?
- Transparency – We are upfront with the total hourly amount it takes to move. Specifics about our operations are made clear from the start to ensure there are no misunderstanding. Our clients can expect from us no hidden fees, no gimmicks, no surprises.
- Advice – You can rely on us for focused assistance and answers to any of your concerns. The moving coordinators know what is needed to set up and complete your local move optimally. The moving coordinators will go over preparation, pricing options, estimates, and anything else pertaining to your move. They will also be available 7 days a week to help with packing, prepping, and any other questions that arise.
- Experience – Our foremen average 4 years of moving homes or offices daily (more than 1,000 moves each). It’s critical for foremen to have experience handling multiple types of TVs, curious, sofas, refrigerators, beds, and more, because the variations are almost endless. On a single move, a foreman must be capable of moving, for example, an antique player piano, as well as a 78 inch curved-screen TV, all without taking any risks. With experience comes awareness of every potential pitfall, and solutions for challenging, high-risk situations.
- Caring – Due to the immense pressure of handling people’s most treasured possessions, guys who are naturally highly conscientious master the trade much quicker than others. Professional movers have immense pride in their work. Damage feels as awful for them as it does for the customer, so they strive to avoid it. Attributes such as strength, intelligence, friendliness, and remaining calm under stress, are all extremely important. But truly caring about how the customer perceives the quality of their work (efficiency, pace, problem solving, loading skill, organization, ridiculous things like the prettiness of an item’s blanket wrapping…) is what separates good movers from bad ones.
- Value – Pricing that is fair and that doesn’t attempt to extract every cent from our customers, is part of what makes Coastal Moving the premier movers in San Diego and North County. Starting at 79$ per hour, we send out two professionals movers (we do not use contractors or day laborers, and never will), a commercial moving truck, and all the equipment. For a small percentage of folks, depending on a few factors, it might truly be a good idea to move yourself. But for many, who view time and health as their most valued assets, it’s not worth risking a back injury, or calling in favors from friends, to (possibly) save a few bucks (the $39.99 on the side of the U-haul truck is a fraction of what you’ll truly pay, after mileage [$1/mile], insurance, equipment rental, 4 mpg gasoline engines, not to mention the hassle). To move is to execute a long list of the most dreaded, dreadful, exhausting tasks. Movers just see it as a routine, simple, straight-forward process that can usually be finished before lunch time.
Our intention is to make our website extremely detailed, leaving out no important information. Hopefully we have succeeded. Even though we encourage our customers to go through our entire site, we realize people are busy. We will still go over all the necessary details at the time of booking, a process which typically takes anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes. We appreciate your consideration and we hope you’ll give us the opportunity to get you moving.
This company operates in the spirit of Brad Joseph Silva, the man who did everything. Born in San Diego June 2nd, 1962 and died in San Diego on November 6th, 2013. Founder and builder of two successful companies, Point Loma Carpet Cleaning (throughout the 80s and 90’s) and Coastal Moving (2004-present). Coach/President (volunteer) of Peninsula Little League for 16 years, still donating his time for years after his son had already moved on to high school sports. Had a youthful spirit and nothing brought him more satisfaction than helping out the less-fortunate kids from the OB area, the misfits, the kids that came from bad homes and desperately needed a fun, cool, loving, and good-hearted father figure such as Brad, someone they could both respect and relate to as a close friend. At times he would have passionate talks about the importance of putting maximum effort into school and sports, at others times he’d throw all the kids into the back of a couple pickup trucks to go toilet paper houses occupied by coaches of rival baseball teams. He went about things his own way, never straying. Hundreds of now grown up, successful people will admit the enormous debt they owe Brad for pushing them in the right direction from an early age, keeping them off the streets, away from drugs, away from an idle and lazy lifestyle, replacing all the vices kids fall victim to with sports and fun group activities (pizza parties, family fun center, bowling, barbeques, and on and on) all week long, for years and years – all the while running his business successfully.
He was truly loved by everyone, including a multitude of customers who never even met him in person. He’d sometimes spend hours and hours talking to clients, sometimes well past midnight, about anything and everything. Interacting with people is what he loved to do. As of writing this today, 5/20/15, we still have previous customers calling in and asking if they could speak to Brad about their upcoming move, that they’d prefer to arrange it with Brad if at all possible. Shock and dejection always overcome them when given the news.
He loved to connect with people and swap stories, and was able to do so with every type of person, personality, race, class, or background. It didn’t matter. With Brad, people couldn’t help but instantly drop their guards (the defensiveness that people rightly have when dealing with a business), as it was obvious that Brad wasn’t just some “salesman”, but rather a charismatic and 100% open, unique and authentic man whose career happened to be running a moving company. He made certain that customers were taken care of, and customers never worried that he wouldn’t follow through. He always delivered.
Soulful, fun, funny, wise, in love with life. Best father I could have wished for. Saudade.